Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
I'm shopping for a new mattress to getting something more big and comfy than my unkillable old firm coil bed. Memory foam seems comfy, but sleeplikethedead and a few other sites say they're not so good for sex for a variety of reasons

They recommend latex as blending most of the advantages of coil and foam as well as being the most durable, but damn they're expensive! I can get a well rated memory foam for under $900 at Costco (house brand- imitation tempurpedic), but a 9+" thick latex starts at close to $3k!!!

So what's the deal? Who's tried latex? Worth it? Is memory foam really as bad for vigorous, active sex as claimed?
My wife has scoliosis so we got memory foam. Got it fairly cheap at Costco during one of their promotions. However, the sagginess of it started giving me back problems. After a few years of memory foam we switched to sleep number and its much better. I highly recommend sleep number over memory foam. To your original question, memory foam is very saggy and does make sex more difficult. With sleep number, you can adjust the firmness for sex and then adjust it again for sleeping. The C2 mattress is well under $1k and worth it.