View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #923
socalbreeze
Obey This
Rep
Drives: Audi Etron, G63, 19 NSX, 600LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
To be fair, the Lakers were playing well once they sorta healthy and halfway figured things out. If they don't amnesty Kobe (I don't think they should or will), they can't really start to rebuild yet.

Can't get fair value for gasol in a trade who I'd rather keep anyhow. To make a trade work salary wise, some pretty big name players would have to come over and I dont think there are any takers.

I'd love to have mayo, but don't think the Lakers can afford him. He'll be looking to get top dollar next season.

Not big on ariza.....don't think he's done much on his last three teams. Maybe I'm being sentimental, but think Odom would do well on this team

Gasol is still a superstar but the synergy between him and Howard is nonexistent. I watch the Grizzs play and they dominate the clippers with Zbo and Marc G. But if the lakers want to rebuild it will need to start by trading him. Because in no way Lakers are going to amnesty Kobe.
Ariza will work because he won't be asked to do scoring something that he is deficient at. But he will bring athleticism and defense at the 3 something
Lakers don't currently have and he probably will come cheap.

Mayo opted out of Dallas so maybe he will come. One young pg that would thrive on the lakers is Eric Bledsoe. He is leaving the clippers to get a starting gig somewhere but I don't think lakers can offer what he wants.
Appreciate 0