Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i rec'd 2/17/06

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
That's my point. If you are courteous, most likely the cop wouldn't care too much. Hell, you can even get away - most of my well-mannered homies get pulled over and the cop tells them "damn, you pulled over the freeway so smoothly, I'm just going to let you go".

EDIT: I mentioned tints are illegal simply because they are - because the OP sounded a little confused why he got ticketed due to his tints.

EDIT EDIT: I don't know if it depends on the county, but cops usually won't approach your car if your windows are down - they'll tell you to roll them up before they approach you - probably because they don't want you to cap them. So roll up your windows, keep your hands on the wheel, and look straight ahead. Don't roll them down, have the music still on blast, and keep one hand in your sweater pocket and you're just disrespectin'.
I think I read his post and I took away a different interpretation. I thought he was complicit, but maybe a little smart with the question about the 911 down the road. Oh, and I thought you should roll down your windows so that you don't get ANOTHER ticket for illegal tint (assuming you were speeding or something). Being courteous is key though, I remember on Thanksgiving one year I was hauling down a street at 55 in a 35 zone and LAPD pulls me over and goes...
"You know how fast you were going?"
I say, "Umm... 45?".
He goes, "How about you don't lie to me and I won't write you a ticket."
I say, "55?"
He goes, "Have a Happy Thanksgiving."

Appreciate 0