View Single Post
      01-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
steveMizdaman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I'm with you, without knowing the price, I'm intrigued but if they don't price it right they will scare off a good amount of their customers. Given that more and more people have access to high speed internet this could catch on, but Sony shouldn't forget about the markets that don't have access to high speed all the time. I'm thinking people like soldiers that just want to be able to play some halo or CoD while they are on base.

If they can get this to a point that they will make games downloadable so you can also play them offline (even if it's only a set amount of time before you need to get back on the internet), I'm in.
it is actually very hard to price a service like this. And im sure they did research and probably found that a good amount of people are running on at least 5mbps I mean that's probably like the new 56.6k dial up speed lol well at least for me. I had 25mbps for at least 10 yrs but about a year ago I boosted to 50mbps D/L and 30mbps U/L. Best $10 a month I've spent lol might actually go $10 more a month for 75mbps dl and 45mbps u/l. After that it starts getting more expensive.

and you brought up a good point with ability to play offline. But I guess that's not the point in a stream/cloud service so I doubt they would do that, but anything is possible
Appreciate 0