View Single Post
      11-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
d_prada1
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Hit a hard bump now clunking noises

My current setup e92 lci stock shocks and h&r race springs. I actually just ordered coilovers because I can't stand the way it rides. Bottoms out everywhere!!!

Anyway I was driving last night in some construction and just when I thought the roads cleared up I hit a patch of unpaved road going about 70mph. Both washer caps from the bumper flew off, and now I have a rattling clunking sound at low speeds through rough terrain. It seems to be coming from behind the dash/firewall area. It's not 100% consistent with shock movement. Meaning it only makes noise when I hit bumps but it doesn't always make noise following bump movement, nor if I hit bumps at higher speeds. Sounds like something is loose but car drives fine. It's not a light rattle, more of a heavy clunking clanking noise. Has this happened to anyone!?

I'll be taking a look when I change to the coilovers but I was thinking maybe it's a common problem here and I could buy the parts before I put the car on the lift. Any info would be great.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0