View Single Post
      12-05-2023, 03:55 PM   #44
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

So I'll be honest and admit I stopped reading after someone tried to say an automated dual clutch transmission is a manual. So I apologize if I'm restating thoughts others have already shared. For the record, my definition of a manual requires three pedals on the floor and a stick that rows between shift gates.

I absolutely love driving a 3 pedal manual as a daily driver, in stop and go traffic, in the snow, even in a right hand drive Hyundai Tiburon we rented in Ireland. I'm lucky to live in an area with great 2 lane driving roads and the manual greatly adds to the pleasure of spirited drives to nowhere.

Along with a manual I prefer an engine with lots of low end torque vs one that you need to rev high to get life out of. I've come to prefer the 3l turbo engines in my 1er, 911 and even the b58 in the x5 over the n52s in my x3 and 328it.

Just to put the cherry on top, I also vastly prefer folding top down cars to hard top coupes. I live a convertible. And for the record, just like a dct isn't the same as a manual, a big sunroof or targa top are not the same as a folding top convertible. I'll live with the noise, the leaks, the lack of insulation for the pure bliss of wind in your face and unhindered smells and sounds of the back roads while carving them up
Appreciate 3
RM72897.50
Efthreeoh17405.50
nicholasn261.00