View Single Post
      10-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #30
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl335i View Post
^congrats. Great looking car. However I have issues with VW/Audi/Porche products. Me and them mix like oil and water. My wife's 22k mile new 2010 TDI Jetta left us on the side of the road with a $10k catastrophic fuel pump failure that took the dealer a week to fix. Her new Bug left us on the side of the road in early 2000's. Same deal. new car, low miles. That was a fuel pump issue I believe. Either way... I've only been left on the side of the road 2x in my life. Both by a VW and come to think of it, both by VW Fuel pumps. Uh, I flirt with Porche but could never do it and feel comfortable. Good luck with it. I can't give up my 335i just yet.
It's funny you say that because my very first car was a 2001 Jetta 1.8t and it died on me with 1000 miles on the clock. It's part of the reason I could never bring myself to get an Audi. I figure Porsche is at least a couple steps removed from that. I will tell you that from first impressions, this Cayman is very very solid and feels tank-like. We'll see how the reliability turns out. All that said, if I'm being 100% honest, the most reliable car I've ever had was my 2002 Mustang GT. It was heavily modified and still super reliable.
Appreciate 0