View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 03:59 PM   #1
mortanfrl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i E90

Urgent!!! BMW E90 318i N43B20A overheating

Hi, sorry if my title is inappropriate but I really need to fix this issue (if I can) ASAP.
I have like the title mentions, a BMW E90 318i N43B20A 2007 143ps with 178.000 km on board (hope they're real) which overheats. The temperature reaches 130° C while driving, doesn't turn on immediately if it is turned off when overheated (obviously I guess..?) and all this while the radiator blinds remain closed and the fan is not working. I have tested the water pump, which works when I turn on the heat with the engine off and press the acceleration pedal to the max for 10 seconds, or when the engine is turned on and the heat is on, but doesn't turn on otherwise, changed thermostat, changed timing chain (probably irrelevant). Also, all the mentioned above (radiator fan, radiator blinds) work if activated via software interface, they just don't activate when the engine is hot like they're supposed to, and the error codes are: 2E85, 2FAB, 2A2D, 2F11, 30C1, 2E83. Other than the overheating issues the car works fine when relatively cold (AC doesn't work..) with the exception being some smoke and some misfires when revving, the issues appear when temperature rises and the engine turns off by itself if not revved (to prevent damage maybe?). Check engine is also very rarely on (sometimes when it overheats but not always). I also don't understand why it doesn't notify me when it overheats, I only know it does by navigating the "secret" menu everytime I turn on the car. Don't think that is normal...
Thanks in advance and sorry again if my title is bothering anybody, I'm quite new to BMW's in general and this community...
Appreciate 0