Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
So basically, you don't like him because he keeps a positive outlook at things?

I haven't heard any statement come from Hamilton that sounds cocky this year. He is always modest but optimistic. He's never said, "We got this race in the bag."

What I wonder is why everyone is backing Webber. Maybe just because he is the underdog in it all not having won before. But that doesn't really make sense since he is driving the fastest car on the track. If anyone is a underdog at current it is the McLaren drivers.
The beginning of the season he was talking to a reporter about the differing driving styles between he and Button and said something like "People think Jenson is so smooth and easy on tires but they don't know that I can do that too" or something to that effect. It was brought up in that race thread as sounding pretty silly. He seems to have mellowed out a bit as the season progressed and I've warmed up to him a bit more but I do think he has more of an ego than most of the paddock. I don't fault him or any other driver (like most on here seem to do) for having an ego when they're among the 50 greatest drivers in the world. What the hell do you expect?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0