Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Well back when the original iPhone first came out, you had to pay quite a bit of money for it

IIRC, I paid $500+ for my edge iPhone.

I don't mind standing in line if a group of us get together, it's not that bad.

I stood in line around ~4am? last year for the iPhone 4. Store opened at 7, i was out by 7:30. Not all that bad
yea, they were $499 and $599 but we were getting roughly $800+ for them, it was insane.

3 and 1/2 hours isnt bad, I just dont have much patience but I tend to get lucky from time to time. When the iPad 2 came out, I wanted to get one for my mom since her bday the same day it came out. Figured best buy would be the least crowded, get there, and there are only a few people in line, SCORE! got me one as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
yeah, if you're shelling out money just to get it... that's different

But the, if you have the money for it, so what?

To some people, $250 is nothing. I mean, you have people who pay $450 for AMEX membership fees :P

I don't believe in the "don't buy new, just use what you until it craps out"
I personally like to have the newest and greatest, as long as it's financially sane for me and affordable (or I can sell my old one for a good price)
If this was the case, I'd still be on my old Mac and not a MBP
same here, plus, the resale is so good on them, you never loose a cent, in fact you can always make money if you are smart. If I end up getting the 4S, I will loose $50 since I would go for the 64GB and I have an offer for $350 for my 4, not bad
Appreciate 0