View Single Post
      11-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #104
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by japears2 View Post
Id say they favor cars like Aston Martin and Range Rover because they are British and not because of any sponsorship influence...
I think they do it because that show thrives on stereotypes, both the support of them and the exploitation of them, as a tool to convey humor. Like Nukka said, if we keep supporting the program, it will only improve. I think the guys will loosen up after a bit, and hopefully the post-production team will get into a groove and style of their own as well.

It wasn't bad, and it wasn't any worse than I would expect a first episode to be, but it was difficult to digest after getting used to the now-refined TGUK. I think the big selling point for me will be whether or not they'll develop everyone-else-be-damned personalities and that THC won't inhibit bashing or opinionated, stereotyping TV.

I do wish the other 2 guys besides Tanner were more car-savvy though. You know the guys on TGUK own a lot of enthusiast cars, and participate in driving events, and that's one area that really bolsters their critiques. I dunno about Rutledge and the other dude; I don't even know who they are, but they don't seem like enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0