Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgedAl View Post
That's the thing. People say I've lost credibility by saying she was a responsible gun owner, but the point I was trying to make is that if the regulations are so damn relaxed that the way she enabled this horrible event does not constitute a crime on her part, then how can anyone argue that a tightening of said regulations about this is a crazy knee-jerk reaction? To me, clinging to that position in light of what happened creates a loss of credibility.
Leaving your guns unsecure is not being responsible. Not knowing your own child well enough to understand they have serious issues (and shouldn't even touch a gun) is not being responsible. How can you say she was responsible? Her son stole her weapons because they were unsecure, that is the farthest thing from responsibility. Please, stop trying to turn it around on me because you chose to phrase your argument poorly.

As far as the points made, I have no problems coming down harder on people who fail to report stolen weapons, or people who sell their weapons to murderers and criminals, but that isn't what happened in NY State... That logic has been IGNORED by the NY Governor. He'd much rather let killers only use 7 bullets at a time instead of 10...