View Single Post
      06-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #16
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Update: Work slowed down so I got started.

So I'm done the big stuff on the track car rebuild. New K frame is in. 1M/M3 links and pulled out the old steering rack. I got the 1M/M3 rack prepped and new tie-rods on. Then I found the bad news. Steering expansion loop hose is bent and kinked and could use a new cooler. I also found the wiring ripped apart going to the old rack and the power steering pump. So here is my question. Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the AFS and normal steering cars. I'm deleting the AFS so I need to find what wires I need to splice to tie everything together. Please see pictures to get an Idea of what I'm talking about. 1st one is the new pig tail on the M3 rack. Second picture is the one off the AFS pump. 3rd is what I assume is the other end of the pump wire. 4th/5th misc wires that could be related but I think get deleted. Then a few pics of the project. As of right now I can't find the right wiring on real oem for either a car with afs or without.

For the tldr folks I'm looking for schematics on the AFS wiring and non afs steering wiring.
Attached Images

09 135I M (VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car. 1) Install Cobb/piggyback? and Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) JRZ or Moton suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system
Appreciate 0