View Single Post
      04-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Help/Advice regarding a sale to a member on here

I need some advice on here from you guys on what is fair, just to be clear I'm not pointing fingers at anyone nor am I saying anyone is scamming anyone right now.

I had a e92 m3 replica bumper for sale (posted here) a member from florida wanted to buy the bumper, sent me paypal, we agreed to ship greyhound to save money for him since I said buyer would have to cover shipping costs, sounds fair enough. I drop off the bumper to ship a few days later, I took a few pictures of the bumper at the greyhound station prior to being packed onto the bus, the bumper left me in perfect condition (brand new, never painted, all clips in tact)

I even took a picture of the tracking info and sent it to the buyer

fast forward a week or so later, I get an e-mail saying I have a paypal dispute against me and paypal is now holding the money that he sent me.. initially I was shocked, I thought I was getting scammed so I called him right away

he informed me that the bumper was damaged upon arrival and has broken clips. having done NUMBEROUS deals on here, m3forum, and e46fanatics I always give the benefit of the doubt to the buyer so I tell him I believe him and I want to be fair, I ask him to take the bumper to a body shop to see how much repairs will be and I will happily refund him however it costs to repair and i'll count it as a loss for me.. he agrees and we hang up.. I wait a few days to hear from him, nothing. I text him asking if he's got an amount that any body shop has quoted, no reply.. now paypal is still holding my money and I'm getting nervous

I want to be a fair seller, at the same time if paypal holds my money and refunds him the full amount I'm out $100 for shipping + the money he sent me + the actual bumper itself!!! that's about a grand...

any advice on what I can do? once again I am not claiming anything, I just am asking the forum on what is the most FAIR solution from an unbiased standpoint.

thanks for the long read
Appreciate 0