10-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek View Post
so I got pulled over for going over 90mph on the freeway. I wasn't trying to be a speed racer on the freeway or anything like that, I was genuinely testing my car to see if it still has the pulling power since I've been having a lot of problems with misfire, rough cold start, and boost leak. My car smells like shit since its completely catless, even no secondary cat. I have my radar detector hardwired and mounted right under my rear mirror. I even had my cobb ap hooked up and the cable was dangling in my car. Everything was completely visible and I highly doubt that he missed any of those. In my head i thought for sure that I was going to get a fat speeding ticket, and a fat fix it ticket because of all the mods.

I was very quick to shut the car off as soon as I pulled over to a stop. The officer didn't have any question regarding my mod nor the smell. So I dodged the ticket for the mods. Thinking hmm for sure I was going to get the speeding ticket. I guess because I haven't had a violation nor pullover for more than 6 yrs, and because of how respectful I was to the officer, he let me go with just a fix-it ticket for not having my current insurance card in the car

moral of the story, cops are people too and they like to be treated with respect just like everyone else. If you make a mistake, just own up to it instead of making excuses.
Are you by chance NOT Caucasian? Not to say its often a race thing... but most cops are usually Male and most are usually Caucasian... while I agree it may help to own up to things, but for the most part you need to treat things like you are planning to fight a ticket and keep your mouth shut on what you did wrong.

I've personally fought many tickets in my life and won, but I can tell you for a fact that owning up to something would never have gotten me out of anything. Always be respectful to the officer at the side of the road (he can make things really bad for you)... the time to take off the gloves and do battle is in the court room.

GL to all.
Appreciate 0