United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [9.00]
2006 BMW 325i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Here is the same bike I use. A little expensive. It's a Cannondale Rush 6. Mine is a tan color though with white lettering. I stick to trails, and try to stay off the roads. Nothing quite like standing up and pushing so hard into the pedals and slipping through mud and gunk on a hillside It is one hell of a workout!
That does sounds like a nice workout! And that looks like a nice bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Universal size? That doesn't sound like a good idea. That'd be almost as bad as ordering a universal size shoe. It's probably either for kids, or it's really big and comes with a lot of padding to fill the gap. That'll move around a lot in a crash.

You should be able to shake your head around and have the helmet barely move, if at all.

Also- like shoes, it's not just about size, it's about shape. Everyone has a different shaped head, and every company uses different shape molds...often several different molds depending on the helmet. The Bell Influx and Varient fit me perfect in a large. The large Bell x-ray is terribly tight and uncomfortable in a large. Most Giro bike helmets are either uncomfortable or too big, but their Fuse ski helmet is perfect. I've learned the hard way not to buy a helmet I haven't tried on.

You can get pretty nice bike helmets, in sizes, for under $50. I ride a $5k bike, but this $50 helmet served me well for years...

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/201...p=215%20BELIN0

jensonusa is another great place to buy stuff online.

Here's my mean machine. Just did a nice night-ride last night...

That makes sense: universal size does not sound like a good idea... Well, visit bike shop or SA tomorrow for a fitting. I measured my head, and it's borderline SM/MD, so I guess I need SM size helmet.

BTW, the pictures of your bike did not show up. I tried going to links, but got message I need to register to proceed.