tim916
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kao BMW
If you wanted to switch cars every 2 years, just trade in what you bought. I've always done that all my life... but again, my financial situation is a little different.
I hope you are joking, because if not then you have absolutely no understanding of auto financing. Your dealer must LOVE you, because your are the perfect customer.

If you are switching cars every two years then you should be leasing unless you are doing serious mods, or driving very high miles.

I also used to have the attitude that leasing was a poor financial decision, its only benefit being lower monthly payments. But when I decided I wanted an E90, I did a thourough investigation into leasing and found that it made a lot of sense for ME. I don't drive a lot of miles, I like a new car every 2-3 years, I hate paying for repairs, I hate selling a car privately or haggling on a trade-in, I like having the extra cash flow for investment or whatever, I can write off part of the lease through my business.

Leasing a BMW, in particular, can be very worthwhile because of their high residual values. I wouldn't dream of leasing an American car. :

Anyways, I know I am mostly repeating what others have already said in this thread, but I wanted to chime in because I'm surprised at how generally misunderstood leasing is. If you are someone who buys a new car every few years then I would encourage you to look into leasing.