View Single Post
      09-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
EDM92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Low&Slow

Angry Another one bites the dust!

Yesterday I experienced my first semi long crank. It was maybe half a second longer of a crank than it normally was, but I experienced no problems while driving. Just about an hour ago, I turned my car on and the crank took about 2 seconds longer than expected, and this is where I knew things were going downhill. I decided to drive to my friends house anyway, because it was only my second long crank, but right before I got there, things got bad. The car lost most power (but at this point I got no SES or engine sign) and felt very hesitant, almost like a go cart. I turned it off for a few minutes but decided to go back home immediately. I turned it back on, and everything was completely fine. No hesitation, no long crank, nothing! Unfortunately, about a mile away from my house I got the SES light, the half engine sign, and the go cart feeling. I'm sure it's the HPFP, as this problem is prevelant on the forum and the symptoms I experienced are the same ones that other HPFP failures experience.

My main concern is, will it be ok to turn the car on tomorrow morning and drive to the BMW dealership, which is about 3-4 miles away? Thanks for the help!

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife

Last edited by EDM92; 09-21-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0