View Single Post
      02-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Hi, can't speak on the program itself, but it's interesting to see that a school is starting to offer these competency. I would say though that this is a very relevant topic in large organizations today and part to what I do. Now it's worth noting though that while understanding a specific product may be of some use, the only way one can apply such skills is with an understanding and appreciation of the problem statement, and that doesn't not come from school. There are many skills needed to excel at BPM, and an understanding of how tools can assist in support of process improvement is useful, but you may also want to understand BPMN to be able to apply the knowledge. This can also match up with project management skills so you may want to consider PMP studies.
In practice I'd say this is part of a potential valuable business skill set, but don't expect to see job listings for 'business process innovators'.
Good post. N the past 5 years or so, I have come across businesses that have a role titled "Business Process Architect" (or something like that) - people who's job it is to study existing business processes, make improvement recommendations.