View Single Post
      06-17-2007, 11:31 PM   #27
AlanL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix Sports Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpsi View Post
PCH is pacific coast highway .. or the 1 highway. i think it starts from seattle, Washington all the way to San diego, California (someone correct me if im wrong). its called the PCH because its right by the pacific beaches and its just one long road ..
Highway 1 is a California state highway which follows right along the coastline from San Diego up to just north of Fort Bragg. US Highway 101 is close to the coastline and does go all the way from San Diego to the Canadian border but does go inland for quite a bit of the route - especially north of the Santa Barbara area. CA Hwy 1 is much nicer for twisties and scenery.

US 99 is also refered to as Pacific Coast Highway in some places but is much farther inland yet and for the most part is the route that I-5 presently follows from San Diego up to the Canadian Border.

I have driven almost all of each of those roads from San Diego to Canada now and my favorite is CA Hwy 1 for it's length and then move over to US 101 to continue the journey to Canada.