03-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #148
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
One thought to add to that... As a fan, who wants to watch two drivers just parade at 80% for the last dozen laps of a race? What is the fun in that? If you can make a clean pass on a straight in a DRS zone, I see no issue with overtaking a teammate. In that respect, I think MW was in the wrong for trying to pin VET to the wall. If any move screams of unsportsmanlike conduct, in my eyes, it was that one.
You do understand why they are driving at 80% though right? Tyres about to drop off and you have a comfortable lead so why would you as a team principal say to your guys to go at it and then have nothing left such that the team behind catches up.

Webber 'squeezing' was legal he was defending with a singular one directional movement.. Seb still had room to come through anyway. Agreed these guys are super competitive but you still need the team, not like they're going to change their tyres by themselves.

F1 has become the way you see it today and what you dislike about it b/c of the tyres amongst many other things. If Pirelli was to provide tyres that had low degradation such that you could drive at the limits for the whole race I agree it probably would be interesting, add to that if you had no team orders and no use of the radio such that a driver was just out there to do as he wants. The reality of it is that its not like that so it is what it is.