View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #20
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Not a true statement, I have Android phone for work and it does allow apps to run in the back ground and hog battery life BTW I am on 4.1.1. I have seen and experience it, the problem is you can not always tell which app it causing it and you have to kill them all or reboot the phone. I also seen where I just launched and app and switch to another one and when I came back to the original app Android kill the app on it own but show it was still in the background running. So it whole process and memory management still have a lot of work in front of it.
YES, It is true. Go read the white papers on how the Android OS works. If something is taking your batter you could have something hung and might need a reinstall, but that's a programmers fault and not the OS fault. Also you killing app(s) could be most of your issue. It causes corruption. Only real issue with the OS was pre Android 4 had some users had fragging, but that has mostly been fixed. The way the OS runs the fragging was really not much of an issue at all, but someone had to try to make the OS look bad.
Appreciate 0