View Single Post
      04-01-2014, 06:44 AM   #51
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
The "S" model is going to be blazing fast. Expect more power and way more torque than the W204 507 Edition.

I expect it to play out like this:

Both AMGs will be faster in a straight line.

The M3 will be easier to drive faster around a circuit because of its legendary balance, lower weight, and increased (but not overbearing) power output.

With capable test drivers, the C63 will lap faster around the 'ring, Big Willow, and other tracks filled with fast straights and high-speed sweepers. Conversely, on tighter, more technical courses, the M3 might still retain the edge.

Both cars will be excellent and the styling, along with the transmission options, will be the deciding factors for most.
we will see about that. I am not as convinced as you. the m3 has made huge improvments in straight line speed, braking and handling. I am not convinced that the c63 will be quicker around a circuit. perhaps the ring, but even there I am skeptical

the fun thing is that soon we will find out

EDIT : and as for now, BMW does not have an "S" model, or a competitive model for that car. So I don't think its a good comparison, nor is it a fair comparison based on price. I do fully expect BMW to release higher performance versions, a la competition pack etc as we progress into the model run. Based on the specs, the car will be extremely quick in a straight line (BMW quotes identical 0-1000km speeds as the m5 which is extremely fast), and if you want it to be faster, there will be plenty of power left on the table.