View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 12:59 PM   #26
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
A funny bonus story from ye olde haunted haus. Our AC went out and our landlord reluctantly paid for the replacement. I tried to get out of work at lunch so I could be sure the guy could get in the house to operate the breakers and my boss wouldn't let me go until almost 2pm. I rushed home expecting an "F-U" note from the AC guy but he was loading tools in his truck. "Hey thanks for leaving that back door open for me, I shut it when I was done but you'll need to re-lock it" he says. I just said, "No problem" and thanked him for doing the work.

I went and sat in the room, thanked the ghosts for their help and explained to them that if they kept unlocking and opening the door then people could break into OUR house and damage it. They stopped doing it after that talk.

I say they because we theorized it was two children due to the way they attached to my step-son and how most of their antics were little tricks and harmless play, other than beating up my room-mate, but he deserved it. They were also capable of messing around in the kitchen and running around upstairs at the same time so that's why we figured it was plural.
Appreciate 3
Buug95917725.50