03-12-2024, 02:52 PM   #1
ee90
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E90 335i, E39 530i

Wanting to take my 335i to the track

Hey everyone,

I have been wanting to take my 335i to a track day. I did go once but it was only one lap and the season was over. Now that spring is coming I want to go out and learn. Just wanting some pointers as to what is/recommended to upgrade for a track/street car? This is not my daily anymore but I will still occasionally take it on the street.

Things that I have done to the car already are:

- FMIC not the big one but the one sold by CTS Turbo I think it is 7" but not
stepped, hoping that will be ok?

- I have M3 arms front and rear. But still stock swaybars, trying to find e93 ones or Eibach but no luck lol

- Duel BMS catch cans vac and boost

car is FBO but I think putting it back to stock map would be better?

- Tires are Michelin Super Sports 265/35/18 rear and front is Firestone firehawk indy 500 235/40/18. Should I change them to the same brand? Or would it be ok to go out like this?

- Eibach lowering springs on stock B4 struts, will be getting coilovers soon. Just racking my brain on what brand lol.

That is about it, I am on fully stock Zimmerman and Akebeno rotors and pads, with old fluid. Worth it to change to stainless steel lines, fluid flush, and a pad change?? If so what brands are good? There are so many options I do not know what to choose.

Anything else that I should change? Or will I be ok as is to go out and do a HPDE?
Appreciate 0