Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
actually, the opposite is true.

I'm not 100% sure about Nikon (I'm a canon user) but there really is no such thing as a lens that only work on full frame cameras. All canon lenses, including the EF-S, EF, and L lenses WILL work with all cropped sensor cameras (7D, 70/60D, TXi). The EF-S lenses will NOT work on full frame cameras (1Dx, 5D, 6D). For Nikon, FX lenses will work on their cropped sensor counter parts as well.

If you one is going to get serious with photography, it'll be a good idea to invest in an L lens if budget allows. However, the user needs to be wary about the cropped sensor and the magnification it'll induce when using those lenses. For example, a 35mm focal length will be magnified 1.6x, therefore being an equivalent to 56mm on a full frame. Always research and be sure what of what lens you need and why. Grabbing a full-frame compatible lens now might be a good idea when you eventually decide to make the jump to a full frame camera.
that's what I meant.

they work, but the pictures come out all jacked up......

no one shoots non FF lenses on a FF camera, because you just don't....

can you get images from them ?? yes, but they are terrible and borderline junk...
Appreciate 0