Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post

I'm not changing my argument, you veered my original statement off target. I first said that the idea they used for the first episode of Top Gear U.S. was stupid. I never even brought up Top Gear UK, you just assumed I was thinking the same way that all the other commenters were. Crimson92 then proceeded to tell me that the UK version did the same thing. I then said that, while I have never seen the UK version episodes where they performed these races, they most likely did a better job of it, judging off of the other episodes of the UK Top Gear I have seen. You then said "No shit it's gonna be better". Where am I changing my argument? You are arguing and agreeing with me at the same time. Pure genius............
Your specific comment was "why the hell would they race a car and helicopter." All I was pointing out, genius, is that the UK version did the same exact stunt and many other similar "stupid" stunts. You don't seem to know all that much about Top Gear UK because you would have known that's why the US version did it. That's what I'm trying to say. Then you switched it into a "well I've never seen the UK one, but the UK one is way better."

So you went from it being stupid to OK since the UK TG probably did a lot better job, but you haven't seen it so you're not sure...

And yes, right now the UK version is better, No sane person is going to argue that. Like I said, the hosts have worked together for 15 seasons and have formed a bond. If you expect the same thing in one episode from the US version you're a fool. Which is why I said go look at the very first UK episode. Then you'll see how much the show has grown over the years. I would even say the first episode of the US one was better than the UK one.