United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW/R 6MT 335i, YZF-R6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Volcanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
Salomon > all

Where are you going? It's getting to be Spring conditions, so you'll likely be sweating if you overdress.
Where you are going plays a big factor... if it is a dry snow/colder area like the Canadian Rocky's or Colorado... you can save a lot of money by not going as crazy on the waterproofing.

Everyone has brand/Label preferences, but these are mostly styling as almost every company in the snowboarding market place sells multiple Labels.

I would suggest the getting a Light Shell Layer, and a base layer, and using sweater(s) and long sleeve tee shirt(s) you have as a mid layer. This will provide you the most flexibility for weather conditions. If it really warm you can skip the mid layer altogether.

Shell Layer - outer Pants and jacket
in Dry/Cold areas
For the Pants I would look for a rating of 10,000/10,000mm or higher (this rates how waterproof it is and how will it breaths)
For the Jacket I would look for a rating of 7,000/7,000mm or higher(this rates how waterproof it is and how will it breaths)

in Warm/Wet areas (Tahoe)
For the Pants I would look for a rating of 20,000/20,000mm or Gore Tex (this rates how waterproof it is and how will it breaths)
For the Jacket I would look for a rating of 15,000/15,000mm or higher(this rates how waterproof it is and how will it breaths)

(if you were skiing you go with the jacket rating for the pants too as you will be spending less time on your ass)

Base Layer - Performance long underwear like Under Armour, I like the heli Hanson stuff. Get it in which level is for the highest active level (and/or the warmest climate) as this will do the best job wicking sweet from your skin and help keep you dry and warm.
We will be going to Breckenridge Colorado. So would that be more warm and wet?

I was looking at these pants.

http://www.burton.com/mens-bulge-snowboard-pant/276502,default,pd.html?start=&q=Snowboarding%20pan ts

Not sure if these are good or not.