04-06-2023, 06:50 AM   #2667
cosworth89
Oz
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 335D, E87 BMW 118D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex-335i View Post
Hi All

I'm looking to get either a 335d (M57) or 335i (N54) shortly, but not made my mind up over petrol or diesel.

Can any of you knowledgeable gents give me some insight as to what power levels you can expect with a M57 with DPF in place?

If I went with a 335d, my plan would be EGR Delete, Swirl Flap Delete, Hybrid Turbo, Wagner FMIC. BUT DPF left in place (We dont have the SCR stuff in Europe, so don't have to delete that).

I haven't seen anyone go Hybrid Turbos on the M57 whilst leaving DPF in place, why is that? - I have seen the N57 335d's leave the DPF in place with Hybrid though.

The reason why I want to keep the DPF is that smoke on acceleration kind of kills it for me, I just don't like how it looks. Some may think the cars broken, thats why I want to keep the DPF. May sound silly, but that's just me.

I would have thought there would still be power gains to be had going hybrid even with the DPF in place (just not as much as if DPF was deleted).

Anyone know of anyone that went hybrids and kept the DPF?

Thanks
my dpf has been gutted, no smoke at all, only with meth turned on it smokes a little.... e92 2008 m57 hybrid twin turbo
Appreciate 0