02-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #13
espo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Heh, well I'll be damned. I got accepted to a graduate program at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute - in Buffalo. I'm actually flying out there in a couple weeks.

They whine about the snow but I love snow (and snowboarding). They whine about it being cold but I don't think it is seriously that bad...compared to NYC, Detroit, or Boston - all places without a big water buffer on the west.

But I guess I will be the antithesis of you, if I go to Buffalo! Don't you ever miss the four seasons?
Actually we are not the ones that whine about the snow. The response is generally "Yea it snows here, so what"... The fact that they always show "snow" in Buffalo on the national news makes it seem like we "whine" about it...

And when they show snow in "Buffalo" it's usually not actually in Buffalo, it's in the southern teir of the city (which is actually "ski country") In the area right around Buffalo there is not nearly as much snow as the rest of the country thinks.

We like to play along with all the hype... It's fun.
Appreciate 0