United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsand5
actually we do have great roads like that guys, the town is called Galena. It is right by the iowa, illinois, wisconsin border. It is notorious for motorcycle riders because of the scenery and twisty roads and "forgiving" cops. There is a famous road called Blackhawk road there. This is the reason why you get a motorcycle. I'll try to post some pics over the weekend. Chi town, I'm trying to plan a trip to Galena again w/ some buddies, you interested?
If I'm available, I'm always down for a road trip. Now I just have the problem of deciding what to drive.

Here's a few more pics of the second part of my trip last week.
I ended up heading north and spending 3 more days riding. I was lucky enough to put on 2000 miles in 5 days.
I stayed it Stevens Point, Wisconsin the first night, then a nice cabin in Eagle River the second night.
Such natural beauty, and nice roads.
The last day, a 400 mile dash home in 50 degree overcast weather wasn't quite as fun as the rest of the trip, but I really have no complaints at all. I had to hurry home in time to leave in my car for the Windy City BMW Yokohama/ Tire Rack Challenge in South Bend.

I know the cooler isn't the prettiest, but I did the second 1000 miles with a lady friend, it really helped her acting as a backrest, I'm waiting on a topcase.......

[URLhttp://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6702/dscn25332uj.th.jpg[/img][/URL]