03-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #62
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
If you consider yourself a member of this community and have the wellbeing of the members at heart, instead of making a comment like that, why don't you offer some guidance and help out the poor soul who gets stopped for a DWI/DUI.
The best advice I can give you right now is not to trust blanket statements of law. Each state has its own DUI/DWI law and I wouldn't presume to give specific advice. However, I will say that as a general rule most states have some form of implied consent law that says something to the effect that by accepting a driver's license, once arrested for DUI/DWI, the driver has consented to take the state test of his blood, breath, urine or other bodily substance. The person arrested for DUI/DWI has no right to legal counsel prior to administration of such test and will probably be written up for refusing the test if he tries to delay. License suspensions for refusing the test are usually more severe than suspensions for a first time DUI/DWI conviction.

Those dispensing legal advice on this board need to stick to what they know best - which, as far as I can tell from the majority of their posts, amounts to blowing smoke out their ass.

The above is not legal advice and should not be relied on if you are arrested for an under the influence offense. You should consult the best ass-kicking DUI lawyer in your state.
Appreciate 0