03-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #53
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
oh really? well if you really knew the law like you claim you would know there a billion and one ways to delay a breathalizer without actually refusing it (which would result in a suspended license and possible jail time) you could have delayed it for several hours and blown clean, but you DONT know the law worth shit
Every state has different DWI/DUI laws. This is from NYS DMV and also a note from a DWI/DUI defense attorney:

FROM NYS DMV
Q WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I REFUSE TO TAKE THE CHEMICAL TEST?
A If you refuse a chemical test for BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), your license will be suspended at arraignment in court, and revoked for at least one year (second offense, 18 months) at a Department of Motor Vehicles hearing. You will also be subject to a civil penalty of $500 (second offense, $750). A driver under 21 years old who refuses to take a chemical test under the Zero Tolerance Law is subject to a 1-year license revocation and a $300 civil penalty. The penalties and fines for refusing to submit to a chemical test are separate from, and in addition to, the penalties and fines for alcohol or drug-related convictions.

FROM DEFENSE ATTORNEY
WARNING! If you refused to take a breath, blood or urine test after being arrested for DUI / DWI in New York, or if the results of your test were above the New York's prohibited alcohol level, your license may be at risk of being suspended if you do not take appropriate action to demand an administrative hearing within 10 business days after your DWI arrest. It is critical to consult with a qualified New York DWI Lawyer before deciding this issue, since taking or refusing the test is an important and complicated decision following a drunk driving arrest.

Bottom line is that if you get pulled over for DWI/DUI, don't do anything without legal representation.
Appreciate 0