View Single Post
      03-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #45
rsjames
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Montego Blue

OK, some of you will ignore this post because I'm new to this forum - been lurking a bit while I wait on my 335i sedan to arrive (in Bremerhaven last time I checked).

New to this forum I may be. New to driving and car forums in general I am not. So understand this, and believe it:

Street racers are pussies. They are little pantywaists who don't have the balls to prove themselves against real drivers, on real racetracks, whether it is a dragstrip, road course or oval. They race some dildo in a lesser car and chalk up their kill to their superior driving skills. Get this: you have no skills.

If you want to race, do it on the track or the autocross course. And shut the hell up about racing being too expensive. If you can afford a BMW, you can afford to buy a real race car, go to racing school and have way more fun in a much safer environment than street racing

Blasting down canyon roads is one thing. Same with triple digits on a fairly empty interstate. If something goes wrong, chances are you're not hurting anyone but yourself. Doing 80mph on a city street where the speed limit is 40 or 50 is just moronic.

//M owns you, I'm sorry for your loss. It sucks to lose a friend, no matter what the circumstances. But hopefully you and your friends learned a lesson. Hopefully those parents who might have bought their inexperienced kids high-powered cars learned a lesson as well. As I drive by Tesoro High School each morning, where many kids from Coto de Caza go to school (OC people will know what I'm talking about), I see high school kids driving Vettes, Mustang GTs and M3s and wonder WTF those parents were thinking.

SoCal335i, you say you know how to drive... what racing school did you go to? How many REAL races, not street races, have you won? I may not be the fastest guy - I'm not expecting any calls from Tom Milner or Roger Penske any time soon - but I've had real training and been coached by professionals. And I'm not stupid enough to race someone on the street.

Just in case I didn't make myself clear: If you race on the streets, you're a pussy. And everyone knows it but you.

I'd say I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I'm not. This a serious issue, and people are dying - and not just the idiots racing, but innocent drivers as well.

If you want to race, go to a sanctioned racing event. Until then, STFU about your "skills."

Richard
Appreciate 0