Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Thanks for reading, guys and gals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfanatik View Post
Cool write up. Did you notice any difference in response and acceleration between the 6MT and the DCT? E9X has a noticable difference.
Honestly...I think I would need more seat time with both transmissions to form an opinion. I didn't have many chances to really romp on the DCT at PCD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Congratulations. It seems so strange to me to have two of the same car in the household. Did one of you consider an M4?
I have received this question a lot. The M3 was a perfect fit for my wife. No question about that. In my case, the more I read about the F8X Ms the less I cared about any other options. I guess I could have looked at the Stingray or the Cayman (though after I bought mine the ATSV was announced) but those just didn't do much for me. I chose the M3 over the M4 mostly because I preferred the look. Plus my wife had a miscarriage (from an unplanned pregnancy) recently and because of that experience now has the itch for a kid...so I want to be prepared with my 4 doors. Lastly, I would say that I was pushing for ED for her car and with me getting one too the urge for a once-in-a-lifetime dual ED just took over. I'm very happy with my decision though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audihere View Post
You guys should get license plate frames that say "MY OTHER CAR IS AN M3 TOO."

Chris
Now THAT is a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzequielR View Post
This is really cool, I hope my wife will agree to something like this when I get married.
Believe me, there was a lot of convincing I had to do. And even now that the cars are here I get the agreement held over my head a bit

But she loves her car...in time she will forget I had to convince her

Quote:
Originally Posted by inagua View Post
Very cool experience looks like.
Add one to my bucket list.
Thank you for sharing
PCD is cool but it pales in comparison to European Delivery. I highly recommend adding that to your bucket list. Especially the Nurburgring. That's got to be the #1 bucket list for petrolheads. I could die a happy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cct3me View Post
Very cool write up. Thanks for the thorough rundown and pictures. My gf read it with me and now she wants an m4 and a ED and PCD. FML!
Sorry about that! I'm responsible for many friends selling their cars to buy new ones. I tell them I'm the "automotive Sandman"... sewing the seeds of automotive change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewohar View Post
I did the PCD in Spartansburg with European delivery today too. Did this with my 18 year old son. He had a blast. Mineral grey m235 with red interior. Laying up in Asheville tonight and will drive back to MD tomorrow morning. Have over 1k miles on the car already from cruising in Germany and Italy. I'd say by the time we get home the break in period will be over and let the fun begin.

Best part of the experience today was the track time in my opinion. You can really wind these cars up and get some speed around the corners. Very solid machines if you push them hard.
I agree, best part. But not nearly enough time out there! I was behind my wife and did not get to push the car as much as I would've liked. I think the M school might be in order...big money though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciressiws View Post
Great to read this,
We will fly down to pick up my F80 tomorrow, to take delivery on Friday.
We had our ED on Sept. 19th and since we are originally from Switzerland we took 4 1/2 weeks off to hike the mountains and ride great roads in Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland.
I can't wait to be back in this car again.
A good thing is, the roads are wider than over in Europe, you had to concentrate on some of these mountain roads, the car is using a lot of road.
After delivery, we plan to ride the tail of the dragon first and after that drive the blue ridge highway northward as much as possible, as long as the weather will allow.
The dragon is amazing! My opinion is that it is nothing like european mountain passes. It has its own brand of curves. Have you driven it before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj41 View Post
Love the write up, especially about coming from and married into anxiety.

Quick question, I've done ED with my E92, and am going to take the wife and 1 yr old with us to do PCD with the new M3. Do you think any issues/ logistics with taking the kid with us. Obviously he won't be in the car during the track time, but just wanted your thoughts
I swear I'm a victim of nurtured anxiety! I now take meds for it and they don't even work. As far as bringing your kid to the PCD they are VERY strict about the 1 guest limit. Also they have a policy that if the kid (being your 1 guest) is not of a certain age, you have to sit out the driving events and tour I believe. They'll send you a big email about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by status38 View Post
Haha, I was also at the Performance Center for redelivery that day! Congrats to you both on some nice rides!
Awesome! Were you in our group with the M3s and X and the first tour?
Appreciate 0