View Single Post
      11-07-2014, 02:06 AM   #12
lovnblack
Rep
Drives: F33 435i

hi Thruxton, a few days ago I also open a thread as yours :

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1054383

You are lucky, cause your thread took more attention than mine As you will read, my problem also the same "no gps available" as you. But 2 days ago I tried to put antenna on the roof and just only in 5 minutes antenna found the satellite. Please read my last post as below :

"Yesterday I put the antenna at the roof (outside-for test) and I received the gps signal just only in 5 minutes. Cause of I dont want to drill a hole on my roof, I thought to find a original BMW antenna (X5) and put it again on dashboard, but could not get signal again. When I check my windshield, I noticed that I got athermic windshield. Where can I put my antenna except windshield? Im thinking to use a long cable and put the antenna to the rear window (inside to car), front of the rear window will be fine for gps signal?

So Thruxton, my advice is firstly check it, do you have athermic windshield or not? If you also got the same problem on your windshield then dont waste your time and money, try to find another place for your gps antenna. For now, nobody respond my this question yet " Im thinking to use a long cable and put the antenna to the rear window (inside to car), front of the rear window will be fine for gps signal?" I will try my chance at the rear window, if I can receive signal, I will let you know...probably your problem also the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thruxton View Post
Thanks for the advice.

I was thinking of doing as you state but I am a bit nervous about pulling out the CCC because I am afraid of setting off some theft protection lock down because I am pulling the unit out.

I was thinking of starting at the sharkfin with the antenna back there. I see that I can get one for around $70. I see though that a farka connector gps antenna is about $20.

Do you have any tips for me actually pulling out the CCC and doing this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0