View Single Post
      11-09-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Mall Adventures

We went through Indy on our way back from South Bend today and Wifey wanted to look for shoes at the Keystone Mall in Indy. I told her I'd catch up with her and went poking around by myself.

1. The Apple Store was mobbed and even had one of those velvet rope things outside so people would know where the long line to enter the store started. WTF? I wouldn't wait 30 seconds to get into an Apple store, although I know Apple fans will camp out for months waiting for the next POS iPhone. Did Apple release a new phone this week? Why the huge line?

2. I wandered into Abercrombie and Fitch. I saw some nice looking casual shirts and saw they had XXL. Now I'm a big guy, but I'm not huge. I normally wear an 18/18-1/2 34/35 shirt and it's usually big on me except for the neck. XXL shirts usually are about this size. I grab a couple and head to the fitting room just to make sure, as we weren't going to drive back to Indy to return them. After playing the fitting room waiting game where Mom stuffs her kid in and then brings outfit after outfit for the kid to try on, I finally got a room. I tried the shirt on and was shocked to find it wouldn't even close past my ribs. I mean the shirt went across my back and the two halves ended directly under my armpits. I assumed I'd screwed up and had pulled the shirts out of the boys section or something. But when I went back out I saw they were clearly in the men's section. I would think these shirts would have been tight on someone with a 24in waist. And they were XXLs. WTF? Is Abercrombie and Fitch just a high school kids store or something?

3. Wifey struck out because every shoe store in the mall was mobbed and only had one or two salespeople, so each store had a ton of people waiting for shoes to try on. Was today National Buy New Shoes Day?

This is why I love ordering stuff online. Malls suck.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0