10-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #440
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker335d View Post
Thanks. I guess bulking is the wrong term, just want my chest/arms bigger and my abs more defined.

I can't skip out on the cardio because I still need to run fitness tests.
Definitely go towards a lean bulk. Increase your maintence calories by about 250, and go from there. If you notice you're starting to gain too much weight, taper it down a bit. Make adjustments as necessary. Count your calories every day for a week to figure out your maintence calories, and add on 250/day from there.

For chest, the best exercises are going to be your press (incline and decline), but start off from a machine incline if you don't feel comfortable going with a barbell right away. Dips are a great exercise for chest and tricep, just don't go past parallel to the horizontal bar, or you'll start snapping your shoulder up. Overhead movements for blowing up the triceps, focus on FORM! Lastly, definitely do cable crunches for growing the abs, basic weighted sit-ups for defining the abs.

Also, don't just do 5 reps on each exercise. Variety is crucial for muscle growth. I like to do higher reps, lower weight on dumbbells, lower reps, higher weight on the barbell.

Cardio is fine, mainly focus in HIIT (high-intensity interval training), such as sprints. You're going to have to eat more though, to compensate for the calories burned from cardio, if you want to grow.
Appreciate 0