Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
my gym membership expired friday, haven't been back since. I'm thinking about joining a crossfit gym. Anyone have experience with joining a crossfit gym. what to expect.?
Crossfit is lame. The whole culture is lame. People "bro" out and are the worst type of douchebags.

In all seriousness, if it motivates you to exercise, then do it. There are better ways to work out though. I hate about 90% of the people that do it because they are so in your face about it. Everything is about their "box" (aka their gym), their WOD (workout of the day) and how hard it was, their stupid outfits, and their generally douchey attitude. They can't do real pullups, but like to pretend they can and post videos of them doing 100+ "pullups:"

High reps (with speed) of power lifts without regard for proper form are usually a recipe for disaster... And that's what 90% of crossfit people do. Pound out as many reps as you can in the time allotted and forget about form. Lots of potential for injury. Be careful if you still choose to do it.

Oh, and to be a "certified Crossfit instructor" you only need a two day class and like $1000. Sounds wonderful.