03-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veloziROTHTOR View Post
whether it's right or wrong, the mass public has accepted downloading and it won't stop. and i really don't think threatening poor people with bankruptcy is the answer.

besides, the actual recording artists don't make much from cd sales. it's about the merchandising, endorsements, and touring that comes after you get your name out there. and true fans will still pay the cash to have the cd + hardware. the same technology also allows musicians to distribute their own music without being beggars to the recording industry.

copying games (a related issue) has seen a downward trend with the rise of online gaming networks that require retail product keys. that and the fact that used games are cheap enough anyway.

i see your point, as i am an ideas guy and my ideas have been jacked several times, but i found a way. and i never took anyone to court.

one last related example: rothschild lafite goes for over $1500/bottle. they have a cheaper label that goes for $15 at cost plus: same grapes, same vineyard. sometimes i'll buy the cheap stuff, but i also have the real stuff.
There is no question that it's wrong and I agree that it won't stop; but that won't make it legal. Most people stealing music have your attitude and just say deal with it to the industry producing that music. People just need to own their actions. If you pirate music, movies, games, etc... and get busted, you could face a law suit and or criminal charges. Deal with it.

Here is an example that is actually related. People bitching about getting a speeding ticket and being pissed at the cop for enforcing the law. Saying that EVERYONE speeds but I got busted. Well, lets examine the facts: Were you speeding? Yes. Did you get busted doing so? Yes. Your prize is a ticket. What's hard to understand about that? I don't hear people coming on the forum to celebrate speeding every day and not getting busted. ??