View Single Post
      08-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

need advice on selling my car

I absolute love my MCoupe. I had always wanted one and was lucky enough to pick one up in March of 2010. Unfortunately last June my commute changed from 11 miles to 50 miles so I bought something that gets double the gas mileage. On the weekends I usually travel even further. So the only time I ever drive it is to go out to eat or shopping, and that is mostly because I don't want to let it sit for too long without giving it some exercise. I was looking at my biannual insurance bill the other day and began to ask myself why I am paying all this money for a garage queen and thinking maybe it is time to sell it to someone who will enjoy it as much as I used to.

Right now I believe I have about 39k on the odometer and 4-5k until Inspection II is due. I was wondering, would it be better to get the inspection before I sell it (and it actually needs it) or leave it as is and let the new owner take it to a mechanic of their choice? I figured I would need to factor that into what I ask for it, which is something else I'd appreciate suggestions on. It is stock except a stubby antenna, led license lights, stop-tech pads and braided brake lines. Thanks in advance, everyone here has always been the best!

edit: thought I'd post a pic

Last edited by Phishman; 08-26-2014 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0