Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Why on earth not? Many soft tissue injuries can only be repaired in a limited time.

Tear a bicep, tricep, quad or pec tendon and you have a couple of weeks window to fix it before it becomes permanently disfigured. And no, OHIP does not view those as essential. My father in law has required a shoulder repair in his rotator cuff for a year now and waited 4 months for a hernia repair that just got posponed again for no good reason. I tried to get him to pay cash and come here but hes got Stockholm syndrome for the system that hes paid into his whole life will eventually come through for him

The province also let my mother in law almost die and become crippled because they wanted to save a few hundred dollars on a CT scan for an elderly woman whod just had a stroke.

Still not as bad as the horrors my UK family has experienced on the NHS but close
I don't know about your personal situations or your father in laws but I've had a tear in my rotator cuff as well as a groin hernia which were operated on promptly with minimu wait.

Look our system is far from perfect my point was that if you don't need to worry about a surgery in Canada if you don't have the financial means different from the US. Of course we want our wait times reduced but do we want to abolish universal healthcare for private? Heck no.

Have a great day
Appreciate 0