josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
Me and my bro are stock (minus splitters, blacklines, and black grills) lol.

Please take lots of pics. If you dont mind me asking, about how much does the total trip run you (airfare, hotel, partying, tickets, etc)? Thanks!

Since it would be a total waste to spend 2K for a "typical" Monaco GP package many sites offer (some don't include race ticket), I decided to just go on a bigger vacation instead.

It was nearly 700 bucks for a ticket at the harbor. I was dumb to use my bank account instead of a credit card and I was charged another 20 bucks for a conversion fee. I figured I will never do this again, so I wanted one of the best seats in the house. The cheapest ticket is about 100 Euro I believe, but you'd be standing on a hill at Anthony Noghes.

I spent about 1500 on a plane ticket going from San Diego to Milan, then Nice, then back to San Diego. I say Nice because almost nobody stays in Monaco during the weekend except the filthy rich. The cheapest place I found in the city was 1400 a night.

So...

- Monaco GP ticket 700
- Plane ticket 1500. But I think if you only stayed in Nice a ticket can be found for about 1100-1300.
- Hotel is about 100 a night in Milan for a week. We'll be in Nice for four days; I didn't see how much the hotel was. I'm guessing less than 200 a night. Hotel is being split between me and my mom. Dad is going on a motorcycle trip to Alaska in June so he can't afford to go.
- I am guessing around 300-500 for train tickets (Euro Rail).

Take into account I haven't put the cost of a new DSLR I bought, or a Ferrari/Lamborghini/Pagani museum/factory tour... or Ferrari F430 rental... or bus passes... souvenirs... or food...

Before this I was contemplating the BMW Performance Kit or a Dinan Flash. But they'd only be fun for maybe a few months.

Last edited by josephr25; 04-10-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0