View Single Post
      11-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #9
knight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: aw 330i

Sup joonsup,

I've been debating over the same questions as well and I think I've made my final decision: Canon Rebel XTi

They pretty much the same cameras when it comes to features and specs with the exception with a few things which are:

--Focus points: the XTi has 9 while the D40x only 3 I believe...
--Exposure Compensation: XTi is -2 to +2 EV while D40x is -5 to +5 EV (which means that D40x takes better pictures in lower lighting, I think)
--Noise Reduction: the XTi deals better than the D40x with noise reduction (not sound but clarity of picture...not saying that you didn't know, but I had one guy thought I was talking about sound..lmao)
--D40x is slightly lighter and cheaper than the XTi
--Memory sticks: XTi uses compact flash while D40x uses sd cards

Besides that, it's pretty much the same camera. All the specs will be fairly close to each other. If you ask anyone in photography, they'll tell you that both are great starting cameras. If you ask which one to pick, they're all bias, it's either the Canon or Nikkon not XTi or the D40x. So if you ask a Canon guy/gal, they'll definitely tell you to go with the Canon and vice versa. It's pretty much all up to you. I like the screen details on the D40x but I feel like Rebel XTi edges the D40x by just a little. Any photographer will tell you, it's not the camera that produces the great pictures, it's mainly the lens.

Here's a couple of links that you can check out:
-A comparison of the two cameras:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp..._d40x&show=all
-An awesome site I found about Canon products and reviews:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/

So yeah, in the end it's all up to you. Just go to some store that has it and just play with it to see which one you like and fits fine. Sorry for the long post, but hope that helps and if you got any other questions, feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0