View Single Post
      08-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #25
M3guy3
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
You think wrong. Like I said, automatic or bust. And there isn't any way in the world that you could say that I'm not an enthusiast. I've been tuning cars since I was 15, including several to well over 600hp, been through 12 performance driving courses, been racing for years, and had my ASE certification in Engine Performance. There's no metric where I wouldn't be considered an enthusiast. And as such, I'm gonna take the tranny that gets me where I'm going fastest, whether around a track or down the dragstrip, and these days, 99 times out of 100, its the automatic or twin clutch. Theres a reason thats the only way to get most exotics. Manually shifting is slow.
i think you gotta take a step back and understand that some people do not value getting the fastest thing possible. some find the manual more fun, and some people buy cars just for fun. even in a performance car.

my M3 has DCT, i personally find DCT to be pretty dam cool. I like the way the car sounds when downshifting and upshifting. It also makes driving on the track way easier and more enjoyable at times being able to have both hands on the wheel.

BUT i do see why people would love rowing through the gears on a 6 speed. if i had a car collection there would be both manuals and autos. Sometimes i feel like a DCT, sometimes i feel like a 6 speed.
Appreciate 0