remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Thanks everyone,

I will explain it real easy for those who aren't familiar with Photoshop.

I start with a new document 450 x 120 pixels. I go to Layer-->New-->Layer so now I have two layers. The one I just created is the border, so to make that I go to Select-->All and then Edit-->Stroke and I make it black and 5 pixels.

Now I go to my original layer. To make sure your layer toolbar is open go to Window-->Layers and it will be on the right, so click on Layer 1 to get to the original layer.

Now open a photo that you want to work with. The tools window on the left has the move tool, it's the one on the first row second column and it looks like a black arrow, click that. Now make sure the photo you just opened and your new empty sig document are both in view and click on your photo and drag it into your empty document. It may look horrible right now, but that's ok.

This is the creative part. Use the move tool to drag around the photo you put into your empty document. See how things look, what you want to focus on, maybe it's the headlight, the wheel, the shift knob, etc. and then figure out if it should be smaller or if it looks good the way it is. Note: A lot of the time a sig will look great when the object is too large for the frame and is not centered.

If you do feel like it is too large, then go to Edit-->Free Transform. You will probably need to make your window a lot bigger to see the edges and you also may have to drag around the image until you see the edge. Once you find a corner, hold down shift and drag inwards to make the image smaller. Holding shift makes sure that the image maintains the correct proportions. Don't let go of shift until you let go of the mouse! Make it gradually smaller and then drag the image where you want. If it is still too big, repeat.

Wow I hope that helps, let me know if you need more advice.
Can you do the same in photoshop elements 4.0

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0