08-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #302
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
shoulda filled the sandwich up with some arsenic first.....

just sayin.....
Gotta thin the herd somehow......

I'm sure you guys have heard the old "i ran out of gas and ned $20 so i can get back to -insert nearest town here- scam" or the "i just need money for bus fare to -insert nearest town here- version.

My wife and i were in her pizza shop and a woman comes in balling and sobbing about her boyfriend took all her money....bla...bla...bla. She said she was hungry but really needed to get back over to Orlando (75 miles away) and didn't have gas money. The wife owned a delivery only pizza shop so she said she would make her a pizza. Scammer declined. So she said she could have all the money in the tip jar. (Delivery only so there was like $3 in it.)

We figured it was worth $3 to never see her again. Well about 10 days later wife and i were eating at a restaurant about 20 miles away from the pizza shop and the same lady busts in the door balling away again about her boyfriend....... the owner of the restaurant was about to give her money as well as some patrons. My wife stood up and busted her by telling everyone that she was in HER restaurant about a week ago with the SAME story.

It's a strange site to see the compassion of a small group turn slowly to anger as they begin to realize what was going on. The scammer hightailed it out of that place faster than it took her fake tears to stop flowing.

There are a lot in Tampa, but you can tell the actual homeless from the pros pretty easily. My wife keeps granola bars in her glove box for the ones that are really homeless.

I think it's halarious when you see a guy with $50 shoes, a ball cap, sunglasses, back pack and.... a COOLER on a corner collecting money. Saw one chick sit down during a green light and check her email on her smartphone. Pretty soon these guys will have their radios with them and have government paid breaks from the hard work of pan-handleing.