View Single Post
      03-27-2006, 04:39 AM   #7
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball
Hi guys tonight i just got my first speeding ticket ever.

I was going 55 in a 45 zone and it happened on a local road at 11:00pm.

I was going down about 3 blocks from a restaurant to the highway ramp. and i was pulled over right at the ramp so i stopped on the local road.

The officer said that its going to be like 4 points. The ticket does not show any monetary fine or points. it is like old fax-paper finish and only says the court date and what my violation was. When the cop pulled me over he said, "do you know why you were stopped?" i replied, "no." and then he said, "Do you know you were doing 55 in a 40 and then you were doing 50 in a 30?" i said, "no. i'm not familiar with this area." He then asked for my registration and stuff. On the ticket it also says my last comment "no im not..."

so, for all the speed-demon know hows, what do you suggest i do. plead guilty? take pictures of the distance from the restaurant to the highway ramp? (because i have never been in that area and i didnt see any speed limit signs and i was basically trying to follow the stupid i-drive that gave reall crappy directions on a badly-scaled map). seek a lawyer? Also, one of my friend says 4 points is BS, is that too high? any help please. i have no experience with speeding tickets.
Were you familiar with the area? Did you know that you were speeding? If the answer to either is yes, you might have caught a break if you asked for forgiveness telling the officer that this was the first time ever that you had been stopped for the offense (truth?) and pledged to watch your speed in the future. Most police officers will issue a warning or preach a sermon to first offenders if they are contrite and forthright.
Appreciate 0