View Single Post
      02-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I'm sure many people have thought about that. Based on a line from the fast & furious "the only thing separating a normal person from a criminal is one bad judgment call". It is kinda scary though cus you never know if your car is like that. I've noticed that the accelerator on my brother's 08 camry sucks donkey balls. It lags so much and sometimes would kind of get stuck (like a little bit sticky- just a bit). FWIW, the moment the new cars came out (highlander, camry, etc.), I looked at them and knew right away the quality has gone down. Their cars just look so cheap and plain now (more so than in the past). I'm actually more inclined to Ford and Chevy now than Honda or Toyota.
My friend's went to Lexus to buy a IS hybrid a few weeks ago. They were given a car to drive for 3 hours. When they return to the dealer, they said the car is not a Lexus. Bad gas mileage, lousy drive, no power, and not comfortable.

Swearing never to even consider an American car, they did stop by a Ford dealership. The got a Ford Fusion Hybrid for 3 hours.

They said Fusion was $6k cheaper than the Lexus, was more comfortable, had more power, and got 35MPG city. When they returned to the dealer they bought Fusion over a Lexus.

I think if more consumers were objective, Ford would be selling a lot more cars. The Lexus relentless pursuit of perfection ended about 8 years ago.