View Single Post
      01-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #80
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
THe ZR1 with the right driver is a 10sec car. Its faster than the s65 and s65 black series in acceleration. It is easier to drive the merc so it may beat the ZR1 more often than not in the 1/4 mile because its so hard to launch the ZR1 and the benz is an auto. I would not take either benz because I have to drive a stick. I HATE AUTO no matter how fast the car is. DCT,DKG, F1 that is a diiferent story. How is benz so stupid that they do not put a seq. gearbox in the balck series or better yet a REAL STICK?
First of all, its a sl65 black series, not s65. And Benz is not so stupid that they didnt put the SMG type tranmission in it, the truth is that the auto 5 speed is the only transmission they have tht can handle 800 lbs of torque. Once you get to those horsepower and torque figures, a Auto or SMG type transmission is really the best thing to handle the power. The fastest supras were all 4 speed autos.

One of the reasons the GTR's are having so many issues is because the tranmission is not strong enough. Nissan put the dual clutch sequential gear box in there, and it basically breaks when you do more than a few automated clutch drops....
Appreciate 0